re: RE: TR10

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: re: RE: TR10
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Tue, 1 May 90 12:50:25 EDT
My mini 850 seems to have had a little valve wear, it has no pressed in
valve seats, they're machined into the head. The last person to run it
was a dildo, however, so I don't know if it was due to unleaded gas.
My 1100, whose head (a 12G206) I'm going to put on the mini, had pitted
valve seats. It was last run in '72 and has only 49000 miles on it so I
doubt it was caused by unleaded fuel. Anyone know if these engines are
supposed to be unleaded safe? Not like I have a choice. Actually I have
thought of converting it to propane...