Re: [Bricklin] [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 12.0/3.0] Air Leak Update

To: Maycinc@cs.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 12.0/3.0] Air Leak Update
From: "jwmartin37" <jwmartin37@avradionet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:26:28 -0700
Marvin,

Those tanks that are in front of the rear bumper are not immune to air
leaks.  Not just the fittings.  The welds too.  They are not "factory made,
or ASME"

Also, for your info, a leak down of 6 hours is not a "slow leak" by any
stretch of the imagination!  Your max leak down should still open the door
for at least a month.

Check valves are notorious for leaking as they get blocked by debris or
corrosion that prevent them from closing.  They are also effected negatively
by placement in the system too close to the heat source.  Do not attach such
a valve directly to the pump! (Use a stainless flex line that has the one
way valve at the other end.)  The pump probably has a check valve that is
highly susceptible to leaking due to the associated heat.

I do not recommend using "SOAP" .  Y not splurge and buy a lifetime supply
of kids bubble solution at WalMart for $1?  Its bubbles are far longer
lasting, and much more detectable after wetting a fitting that is a true
slow leak.

Good Luck,
John W. Martin Vin 1973/0079

16754 E Ave X  Space 25