Re: [Bricklin] Transmissiion Cooling

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Transmissiion Cooling
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:49:03 -0400
IN general for transmission cooling it is best to use an external and internal
cooler,the external first to take the most heat out and the then the internal
to " regulate the heat, It will cool the fluid more in summer and heat the
cold fluid in the winter. If you winter drive and use just an external cooler
The fluid will never reach operating temperature. Now since almost no one
winter drives their brick and external only cooler will be fine, the best is a
plate style cooler such as the B&M coolers.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-70274/
stay away from the fin and tube type unless you are only using it as an
auxiliary cooler.