Re: [Bricklin] [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 12.0/3.0] Air Leak Update

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 12.0/3.0] Air Leak Update
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:27:32 EDT
John,
The check valve is new and I put it in the control box.  Next time I air up
the system I'm going to take the line off the compressor side of the valve
to see if the valve is actually working.   I've also thought about
disconnecting the line that goes to the tank and hook up a vacuum pump but I
don't
know if I could get a good enough seal on the fitting.  I've also thought
about removing the pressure gauge and water trap.

I should have clarified the Soap reference,  I did use kids bubble
solution.
Marvin

In a message dated 8/3/2009 8:26:50 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
jwmartin37@avradionet.com writes:
> Check valves are notorious for leaking as they get blocked by debris or
> corrosion that prevent them from closing.
> I do not recommend using "SOAP" . Y not splurge and buy a lifetime supply
of kids bubble solution at WalMart for $1? Its bubbles are far longer
lasting, and much more detectable after wetting a fitting that is a true slow
leak.