Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:03:10 -0500
 just a note, don't oil the plunger, I had an intermittent issue with the
passenger side up solenoid on one of my cars, It turned out some of the
lubricating oil had gotten on the shaft of the plunger and the extra drag from
the oil and the spring would not let the magnet pull it open, I just had to
clean it out and I put a little graphite on it for lube and the issue went
away....But that was after checking 4000 other things first, after all oil is
supposed to help things move freer right LOL