Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:48:23 -0600
I purchased a few O-rings from Home Depot.  There were not beveled in the
inside and flat on one side like the original.  It did not seems to help the
air leak when the door was up. So I believe it may be the plunger that is
not closing off the valve good enough. It is the spring loaded piece with
the rubber end.  I may swap out the plunger on the up valve with the down to
see if it acts any differently, but I believe at least one needs to be
replaced if not both.  My drivers side has always been good so I will leave
it alone.

I did locate a part number for the repair kit for the Kip 141114 valve that
is used in my air system RK-1AAA14-AC.  I have not found out what this
includes.  I am waiting on email to confirm it has the plunger and O-Ring.
The price is around $15.  An entire new valve runs around $35.

Greg 0036