Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:54:44 -0600
I have ordered two of the repair kits  The vendor indicated it should
include the 0-Ring and Plunger.  Basically all the internals to repair the
solenoid.  I will find out in a couple of days if that is correct.  I only
found two vendors with this kit (RK-1AAA41-AC) to repair the KIP solenoid
one was $24 and the other was $15.  One told me they sold one about three
years ago.  If you find a vendor with a better price let me know.  I would
have liked to just get the part number for the plunger, but that has not
happened. Since I believe I can get these for $5.  I believe the plunger is
the problem.  It is either the rubber piece, spring or both that keep the
air from leaking.   These vendors do not reply to emails and are not very
helpful on the phone.

One note on if you try to make this repair.  You can take apart the down
solenoid without removing the air pressure.  If you work on the up one you
need to remove all the air from the tank since it will be under pressure and
I am not sure what will happen with that last turn to get to the internals.
Under 125 psi, it could be interesting where it may shoot the existing
parts.

John,

I will try to take more photos and write something up.  I have several
articles in various phases, but nothing complete.

Greg 0036