Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kip Air valve repair/replacement
From: Seth <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 20:16:37 -0500
Greg,

If you're leaking externally at the solenoid valve, it's the o-ring. If
you're leaking through the exhaust side of the valve, it's the plunger.
The spring is used to provide enough force to counter the air pressure
on the back side of the valve. It may be that the spring has gotten weak
over time (it happens) but that's an easy fix, just give it a pull to
restretch it (f=kx so your preload will increase. Just make sure you
don't do too much or it will exceed the magnetics and you won't be able
to open the valve)

Seth