Re: Fuel Pump

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:06:35 -0500
There is nothing to gain by upgrading the pump, the stock pump will pump
more than enough fuel, an upgraded pump will just bypass and waste energy.
The standard upgrade of the Stewart Warner high flow will flow enough for
700+ horse power of a Nextel cup car, that's what they use, you don't need
it.  By all means buy a good quality standard pump just for reliability
issues. pumps don't last forever and the diaphragms tend to become brittle
and crack with age so just replace with a stock pump.
Rick