Bricklin...

To: <letacot@juno.com>
Subject: Bricklin...
From: "Smoky & Connie Panepinto" <spanepinto@netcarrier.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 21:11:11 -0500
Hi Steve,
I am an original owner - bought my '75 Bricklin in '76, just after they
announced bankruptcy - got a great deal!
But I digress...
The Brick is really a great ride, though the doors - air or hydraulic - are
always one click away from a challenge.  The cars are V E R Y hard to keep
truly dry inside; though since they are collector cars at this point (and kept
inside, and not driven in torrential rains), that isn't such a big deal to
most owners.

Admittedly, I haven't driven mine a lot (it has less than 9,000 miles on it),
but it has always been mechanically flawless, other than the occasional door
glitch.

I haven't heard a lot of good things about the DeLorean's engine... a bit
sensitive and quite a bit less reliable than american iron - either AMC or
Ford.  It is hard to find an engine with better parts and support than the
351.

Frankly, tho, I would be tempted to consider your other cars too -- the Mach
1, for instance (I had a '69 with a 390...).  One thing:  you always know you
will be able to get inside it in a hurry, if necessary!

Good luck and happy hunting,
Smoky Panepinto

Smoky Panepinto
Perkiomenville, PA

'75 Bricklin original owner (#1302 - Suntan)
'63 Lincoln Convertible (Black/Maroon/White)