rekindling an old interest

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: rekindling an old interest
From: letacot@juno.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:28:47 -0600
Hi all ~

I am presently a nonowner who has always wanted to be an owner.  I've
been interested
in Bricklins since even before their introduction as I followed their
development and
marketing.  I've pursued several of them over the years, but never found
the right car or
the right deal.  I'm turning 50 this week and figure it's about time to
do something fun
for myself after being mostly a parent for the past couple decades.

I have two hobby cars: a '77 Firebird Formula which I purchased new and
has been
maintained in immaculate condition (40K miles), and a '23 Ford Model T
which I
purchased partially restored back in the 90's and then finished it to
show quality.

While I've been in love with Bricklins (& DeLoreans) since they were
first introduced,
I really don't know all that much about them other than some of the basic
points.  I'd like
to hear any recommendations that you folks might wish to offer, such as
what to look
for -- or look out for -- and advantages/disadvantages of both model
years.

I am partially disabled due to a chronic illness, although I can drive
fine, so I would
need a car that is already restored, or in exemplary original condition,
and has no
significant problems.  Any major restoration or repair work (beyond
typical maintenance
and occasional fixes) would be too much for me to manage.

Owning a Bricklin has been my dream since college and is my first choice
to resolve
my current mid-life crisis, but other considerations are (in order of
preference):
a DeLorean, a '67 Sting Ray, or a '69 Mustang Mach I Cobra Jet SCJ.

Don't now if you ever get questions like this.  Or maybe you get too many
of them
and get fed up with "tire kickers" who never buy.  I am very serious
about getting
something and whatever I end up getting, I want it to be really good.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Steve Leigh
Minneapolis, MN

.