door elect. solenoid wiring ??

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: door elect. solenoid wiring ??
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:31:11 -0500
Hey gang,

I'm working on an article about how to restore your doors.  And of course I
have a question or two.  I need some pictures if possible of a door with the
electric solenoids that has the door skin off.  If I can't get any pictures,
at least I need to know about the wire for the solenoid.

I know the wire from the solenoid has a connector at each end.  One end
connects to the solenoid, the other connects to the main wiring harness.  I
believe that the connection to the main harness is actually connected in the
roof portion of the door, under the skin.  And I think that the connector
will NOT come through the hole in the top of the door.

I also know that the wire is very prone to breaking where it flexes between
the door and the roof.  Is this wire part of the main harness?  Or does it
come from the solenoid?

TIA

Phone:  (757) 495-8229