Re: Speedometer repair

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedometer repair
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:51:35 -0500
At 07:28 AM 3/17/2004 -0800, Les Huckins wrote:

>Went on the net, picked two likely repair facilities, I'm in CA, chose
>West Hollywood Speedometer repair and Palo Alto Speedometer repair.
>Sent a fax to each, confessing what I'd done to my original.  Heard from
>West Hollywood right away by 'fone, quote is $120 to $130 for an
>overhaul, difference being whether I harmed the bezel taking it off with
>the screwdriver (I don't think so but their call).  Turnaround time is
>one week prox.  BTW, they have machines that will uncrimp the bezel and
>then roll it back on wherein you will not be able to tell they had been
>in there (their description).
>
>Sounds reasonable to me, what do you who have a lot more experience than
>I have, think?

Les,

I know that sounds high, but, from what I've heard that's a fair price.
Everything is going up. :)  A new one - not original is about $100+ so
I don't really think that's too bad of a price.

>Desperately need a clip for the heater/AC cables, can't find anythng
>else that will do the job.  Part # is 120.454, junkyard was no help.

For starters you have the part # wrong, it's 120.1454.  Push comes to
shove and you can't find anything, let me know.  I've got some here and
I'll send you one.  Don't know how many I have, or how many I need yet.

You might try faxing a picture of it to MR Gs - or going through his
catalog.  I just skimmed through it and didn't see any. But they may
be able to identify it from a picture (ie. a fax of the page from the
parts manual).

Also you might try:
  American Parts Depot
  409 North Main St.
  West Manchester, Oh.  45382
    (937) 678-7249

They list 2 clips:

68-74 Push On Clip (1/4" I.D.) - as required   130 1724  $1.25

68-74 Push On Clip (3/16" I.D.) - as required  130 1302B $1.25

Neither of these is the right part number but they at the bottom of the
Heater and A/C section - no picture.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229