Speedometer Repair II

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer Repair II
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:05:45 -0800
Palo Alto Speedometer repair gave a bid of $200.  North Hollywood was
$120 to $130.

I'd really like an old speedometer to take another crack at it, the
actual repair if you have the helical spring that presses on the needle
shaft, is no big deal, getting the bezel off without damage is the hard
part.  As to calibration, couldn't be off much more than on my stock '74
4-speed, I could come that close driving in traffic and picking what I
think is the average speed.

If this should come about and if it's successful, I'll tell you how I
did it, but don't hold your breath.

Les