Re: harmonic balancer

To: Stanthefireman63@aol.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: harmonic balancer
From: KINGALIONZ11370@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:16:07 EST
Ok just wondering, because I have never ran across this before.  How is the
harmonic balancer the cause of idling problems.  The only time I have ever
heard of replacing one of those is when one is physically broken (very rare).
If
you could let me know the kind of idling problems you are having I will be
happy to run them by Terry and try and get you an answer from a man that has
been
dealing with this sort of stuff for more than 50 years that I know of.  (his
first car was when he was 13 and he is 65 now)  and much of that time he has
been doing it to produce "big" horsepower.

If it were me I would look at the carburator that is on it.  The stock carbs
were not the greatest in the world.  A holley 2-barrel 500 cfm is what we put
on them at the shop and they work wonderfully.

John Lodge