Re: Harmonic Balancer

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Harmonic Balancer
From: "Rick" <Htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:51:39 -0500
The only reasons I can see changing it are A) the inertia ring has slipped
so the timing marks no longer are correct, and B) the elastomer has degraded
to the point that the inertia ring dangerously close to coming off. I don't
see how it would affect idle unless the timing has been set improperly due
to ring slippage. an easier fix would be to re scribe the timing mark in the
proper place.