Re: motor mounts, and other questions

To: Stanthefireman63@aol.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: motor mounts, and other questions
From: KINGALIONZ11370@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:08:52 EST
Again all I can say is give us a call at the shop.  One of the things that I
do know about most engines is this.  You DON'T have to pull the engine to do
the harmonic balancer.  You do however have to pull the radiator and all the
front end of the engine stuff out... i.e. the alternator, the AC compressor,
the
power steering pump..  As for motor mounts, unfortunately you will not buy
them at an auto parts store since they are a Bricklin only motor mount.  Yes
wore out motor mounts will cause your fan to hit the fan shroud.  And yes, if
you
do pull the engine that is the ideal time to do the rear seal on the engine..
which if you are going that far, it would be a good idea to do rings and
bearings and basically tear down the engine and have it rebuilt with new seals
and
gaskets, a good mod to do at that time would be to upgrade your camshaft and
lifters...  The list can go on.  Terry is a good one to talk to about what to
put in the engine depending on the level you want to go to.  With our engine
dyno program we can pretty much figure out all the components that you would
need for whatever horsepower range you are shooting for.. i.e.  a good every
day
driver,  or a car that will blow the doors off most others.  Just remember
though, you want big horsepower, you need big money to do it.. and your fuel
consumption is going to go up drastically.

John L