Bricklin Fires

To: "Bricklin Email List" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bricklin Fires
From: "Frank Alaimo" <Alaimoknj@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:48:19 -0500
Not too long ago someone was asking about Bricklin fires.  Well No. 1570
experienced its first fire last night as I was leaving the car in my
mechanic's parking lot for some maintenance today.  The flames were on the
driver's side of the manifold and burned themselves out before I was able to
get water to the car.  Today's diagnosis was twofold; the air pump apparently
seized and a power steering line burst.  One or the combination of the two
problems caused the fire.  Luckily no significant damage to the engine and no
damage at all to the body.  I guess I dodged a bullet this time.  And yes I
will be getting the fire extinguisher in the car pronto.

Regards.

Frank