Re: Bricklin fires

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bricklin fires
From: "GM" <altec210@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:10:49 -0400
Dry rot. I had replaced the metal gas line to the carb with a hose when I
converted to the Holley 500CFM 2bbl shortly after I bought it. It ruptured
and spewed fuel onto the air pump, which ignited it, destroying it, the
belts, the ignition harness/box combo, several vacuum lines/wires, and the
underhood insulation. Since it was ~24yrs old, I've got no one to blame but
me.

The interesting thing was how fast it escalated. I was standing there with a
fire extinguisher next to me, saw the line erupt, and it still did this much
damage in the time it took me to pick it up and begin using it.

GM