Re: Bricklin fires

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bricklin fires
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:57:29 -0400
At 09:11 AM 10/15/02 -0400, serge berube wrote:
>Hey gang to all that your bricklin cought fire would you know what cause
>it....Maybe we can take precaution ....is there a problem that we dont know
>about bricklins catching fires..????Thank on helping us keep them alive

Serge,

I've also heard that the power steering line will rupture and spray power
steering fluid all over the manifold and cause the car to burn.

As to the heat raiser, at this age, many might be stuck causing excessive
heat to build up, also, there was a picture in a Brickline a while ago
about a hole burned in the floor pan by the exhaust.  I don't remember what
caused it, but luckily the owner found the hole before it got too bad.