Re: Body work ???

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body work ???
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:20:21 -0400
At 04:35 AM 10/26/02 -0400, Rick of High Tech Coatings wrote:

> If your mind is set on repairing do your self a favor and set your self up
>with a right angle die grinder (much easier to control than straight ones)
>and a small carbide burr to dig out the cracks. Dig the cracks down just
>into the glass, clean the area thoroughly and apply the dynaglass, I prefer
>to use ALSI 20 from Debasel Chemical, it cost lots more but goes on easier
>sands easier and you waste less. now you need to sand, get a 2 inch 'roloc'
>arbor for the die grinder and some 60 and 100 grit discs for it. This turns
>your die grinder to a mini sander and makes it easy to fit into the little
>areas, be prepared to spend lots of time rubbing your fingers to bone in the
>real tight corners.

Rick,

Thanks.  I have the air driven angle die grinder, a conical, and drum cutting
burr, and the sanding arbor.  I guess it's the old story no quick fix, or
magic bullet. :)

>you can also get a cartridge roll arbor and some rolls to help.

Don't know what this is.  Can you take picture of it.

>maybe I should snap some photos and write some text and send it to
>that John Blair guy for the Brickline........

That would be a great idea.  I was just thinking that before I got to
this sentence, that one of the 2 of us should write and article.  I'm
still adding little bits to the media blasting article, and hold it.
I still have a few articles from others that we haven't used.  But
I'll get our blasting article out in the near future.

Thanks again.