Body work ???

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Body work ???
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:24:35 -0400
Hey gang,

I'm working on the body of 887 now.  Especially the back panel.  I've just
about got it finished.  After sanding, and filling, I found that the
rear panel was cracked right about where the rear quarter panel and vallance
connect.  I've managed to fiberglass reinforce that from the inside.  Also
the little bar at the bottom of the rear panel was broken off.  So for the
last couple of evenings, I've been working on getting that fiberglassed back
in.  Now that that's done, the only thing I have left to do is work on the
area behind the license plate holder / fuel filler.  That area has a lot
of spider cracks in the acrylic.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this
problem, and what you did about it.  All the other cracks in the acrylic
I've ground out and filled with dynaglass.  But this area looks to be a
real pain to work in/on.  Just wondering what anyone else has done there and
how they did it?

TIA