Re: Carb for 360

To: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Carb for 360
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:23:51 -0400
At 02:42 AM 10/26/02 +0000, Alan Coleman wrote:

>I'm trying to decide whether to rebuild the carb on my 74 or just replace it
>with the Holley . I know this has been discussed before but I have forgotten
>which Holley will bolt on to the AMC manifold. All I can remember is that it
>is a 600 or 650 cfm carb.  Is there anyone out there who has done this who
>knows the model????

Alan,

It depends on your situation.  Replacing the carb is not a bad thing, but
will be a little costly - my guess is about $400 for carb and manifold.
However, the quick fix, is a rebuild kit for the carb., a can of carb
cleaner, and a couple of hours work for about $30 or so.

So if you have the money, go for the new carb and manifold - better
performance.  If there are other projects that need to be done, rebuild
the carb to keep the car on the road, and do the other projects.  When
everything is done, then go for the new carb.