RE: Rack and Pinion Steering

To: "'Phil Martin'" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rack and Pinion Steering
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:28:35 -0400
Thanks for the insights Rick.  I have my 74' Brick complete disassembled
down to the frame and am installing a Chevy 305 TPI so oil pan clearance
shouldn't be a problem (though inference between the distributor and
firewall might).  At least with the engine out I can get at everything.
Which power rack and pinion unit are you using?  I haven't measured the
amount of linear travel the existing suspension requires, but racks usually
move about 5-6 inches.  I notice that the Brick has the tie rods in front of
the wheel axles which is a bit unusual.  I'm taking plenty of digital pics
so I know how to put it all back together and will pass them onto the John
Blair for.

George Schiro