Re: Holley 600

To: "\"Bricklin\" <" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Holley 600
From: "GM" <altec210@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:30:30 -0400
Holleys can be adjusted by changing the spring in the vacuum pot. Of course
if the diaphragm's busted, they won't open properly or at all, so it will
need to be replaced before playing with spring tension. If they haven't
changed their coding system, then the standard length yellow (third weakest
on my old chart) has given me the best performance up to ~6k rpm on
600-650cfm loaded Chevy mills.

Since your headlights pop up, you've got other problems that need addressing
first. Until the vacuum system is up to snuff, fiddling with the carb is a
waste of time since you'll have to redo it once the vacuum leak(s) are
plugged.

GM