Overheating

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:57:22 EDT
Besides the blown power steering hose I do believe that ol' 1343 is
overheating.  It ran 210 all the way to and from the show on the freeway.
Air temp around 80.
As soon as I got off the freeway it ran up to around 230-240.   The engine is
rebuilt but stock.  During the car rebuild here's what I did.
- Changed the radiator from 3 row to a 4 row.
- Moved the bottom of the a/c core 1 in out from the radiator
- Put on a 6 blade high flow flex fan
- Installed a 160 degree thermostat

I'm wondering if my water pump is up to par as the upper hose seems a lot
hotter than the lower hose.  It wasn't replaced during the engine rebuild.

Another possibiity is the tranny overheating but how do I check this?  I have
an external trans cooler but never installed it.  Would this help?

Marvin