Temp Gauge and Heater valve

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp Gauge and Heater valve
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:20:44 EDT
Now that I'm actually driving ol' 1343 I have a couple of questions.

1.  The temp gauge is reading about 210. I think it's reading too high as the
engine is not overheating.  I've also made all of the cooling mods people
have mentioned (except for the electric fans).  I'm wondering if it's the
temp sending unit.  I got a 300 degree sending unit from egauges that is
supposed to be for VDO.  I assume 300 is correct since the gauge goes to 300.

2. I haven't hooked up the vaccum line to the heater control valve but there
is hot air blowing through the heater (it's a new valve).  Did I put it on
the wrong hose?  Is the valve normally closed and only open when the vaccum
is applied or the other way around.

Marvin