Re: Window rolling up

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window rolling up
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:17:23 -0500
>If you are working on a 75 there is  vertical runner at the front of the
>window that keeps the windows straight, on some cars, that have been messed

>with, this piece sometimes get left out and the windows never work right
>again. the 'banana' shaped track is vertical and a roller  rides in it that

>is bolted to the front of the track that is glued to the glass. if I had a

>good picture I'd send one but unfortunately I don't.
>hope this helps

I have a good set of pictures of the 75, and some pictures
of the 74 window frame.  I'll send them this evening.

In addition to what Rick said, there is a mod to this
front channel.  It needs a spacer about 1 1/2" long so
this front channel can be made parallel to the back
channel.  If it isn't, or the pinch roller isn't tight
the front of the window will drop as you roll it up, and
the window will usually jump out of the track.