Re: Window rolling up

To: senseitag@shaw.ca, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window rolling up
From: "J F" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 05:31:23 +0000
>Hi All,
>
>How do I get the front part of the window to go up before the back part
>when I am rolling them up?  Seems like a simple thing but the window
>regulator would work a lot better if this could happen....
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Tag

Hmmm, sounds like something is wrong there.  The window should just go
straight up.  It has been a long time since I did mine but as I recall the
issue is using a linear regulator to push a curved window into an arc (by
that I mean that is the main reason why these windows screw up all the time
-- I don't think that is your issue).

The window is designed to go straight up, with the top edge of the window
being more or less parallel with the ground.  The only time I had a window
act like yours is when the window came loose from the channel or when the
regulator popped out of that little roller. But if that window is not firmly
going straight up, or if you can sort of tilt is forward or back, you need
to dig in there and get it right. Kim