Re: roof seams

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: roof seams
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 18:43:50 -0500
At 11:15 PM 4/3/02 EST, GLCurley@aol.com wrote:

>Are you talking about roof seams?  I thought the reason you are not supposed
>to fill in and paint over those was because they will flex and the paint
will
>crack, so you should only fill in with something that would flex.  Wouldn't
>Bondo be too brittle, or are you talking about different seams?

Yes George.  Where the rear quarter panels meets the roof and the A pillars
meet the roof.  The should NOT be filled in to make the area smooth.  If you
ever have to replace the roof, A pillar, or quarter panel, you'll need to
know where the seam is so you can cut the bad part off.

I originally did mine with the adheasive.  But I wasn't sure it was paintable
so I dug that out.  But since my top had been replaced, the lip on the quarter
panel that is supposed to go under the roof was missing.  I was worried about
getting water in the gap.  So, I filled it with dyna-glass and bondo.  Well
see how long it lasts, if I ever get my car finished. :)