Door skin lifting/pulling away from door's steel frame.

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door skin lifting/pulling away from door's steel frame.
From: jugeauj@gdls.com
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:08:54 -0500
Hi Ya,

   I've got a passenger side door panel lifting off the door's steel frame.
Bad enough that you can see inside the door.
I'm saving up to buy a fiberglass replacement and be done with it, but for
now does anyone recommend a clever fix to at least close the gap?

   I'm thinking of maybe C-clamping the panel back down and adding a lip of
fiberglass from the panel and over atop the steel frame from the inside
(did I explain that right?).
That way I could just chip the fiberglass lip away when it came time to
replace the panel.
Anybody think this is an Okay idea?
Figured I'd ask before I'd made an unnecessary mess of things should
someone else have a better idea.

Louis