Re: to mod or not to mod....... Claude

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: to mod or not to mod....... Claude
From: "CBL302" <CBL302@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:43:14 -0500
Yes,again as I said Ford Spends the Big Bucks to get it right(Ford
MotorSports)I was not talking about a sponsered race team,that has things
all figured out,I am talking about the Typical shade tree
backyard mechanic,that relys on,his or hers own wits,to improve on what they
have,there is NO way in the world that you can go by a manufactures word as
they all HYPE their products,to get you to buy their HiPo Products,AGAIN
YES,that is the ONLY true way a  Backyard Mechanic
can SEE TRUE performance gains,that are purchased over the counter,that
was/is what true 1/4 mile Drag racing is all about,you try a few
modifactions,if those work you stick with it,then you add a few more to get
lower ET's,if those don't work you try others,untill you get the right mix
for your pertucular vehicle, Trail and Error..Again I had Said LOCAL garages
not big time garages
with tens of thousands of dollars of equipment,dyno's to test run
engines,and see HP figures ect,those shops are for the people with big bucks
to spend/or for pro racers.Poor planning IS spending $2000.00++ and up on
HiPo parts and puttting all these parts together and HOPE for the BEST,that
is typical what a lot of people do and the net result is a car put for sale
because the owner got disgusted with the poor results of  all the time and
$$$$$ spent,I have seen it way to many times.Again HiPo parts were made for
high speed in a short amount of time,and will NEVER last
in the long run,that IS why owners of HiPo modified cars are ALWAYS
repairing/working on their cars,and the people with the factory orignal cars
are driving and enjoying their cars.

Claude
1024/1136
Enjoying(and not repairing/working)