Re: Door screws ?

To: jblair@exis.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door screws ?
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:54:42 EST
John,
Here's some of the answers:
<<  If anyone has the inner panel off their doors, and possibly the skin off,
 I sure would appreciate it if you could check all the screws and bolt sized
 for me.  What I need inparticular is the info on the following screws/bolts:

 1. Inner door handle to door mount,
>>> not sure, but I think #8 or #10 machine screws.
 2. Bellcrank (from door handle) to door,
>>> not sure, but I think #8 or #10 machine screws.
 3. The front chanel that mounts at a 30deg. angle or so to the door panel.
    (I've been told this is unique to the 75s only.)
>>> #8 x 1/2 in. pan head sheet metal screws on top, 1/4 x 1 in. bolt on
bottom.
 4. The outer door latch to the inner door latch on the bottom of the door
    frame.
>>> #20 x 1-1/4 in. flat head machine screws.
 5. Window frame to the door tabs.
>>> #8 x 1/2 in. flat head sheet metal screws. Make sure you use flat head or
the window will rub the heads.
 6. The "L" bracket at the bottom rear of the window frame.
>>> #8 x 1/2 in. pan head sheet metal screws.

In some of my holes, the #8's were too small so I had to use #10.
Marvin