Door screws ? (part 2)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door screws ? (part 2)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 13:48:59 -0500
I just tried to put a bolt and some taps into the holes on the door
latch mech. that bolts to the inside of the bottom of the door pan.

I believe the bolts are supposed to be phillips head to recess into the
outer part of the latch.

Well, a 1/4 x 20 starts but binds after a couple of turns,
        1/4 - file doesn't fit at all

So I thought it might be metric.  Well a 6x100 tap also starts but
binds about 1/2 why through the plate.  I don't want to push the tap
too hard and end up cutting new threads until I find out what exactly
I should be cutting.