Re: Door screws ? (3)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door screws ? (3)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 15:08:49 -0500
Its a nice yuky day here in Tidewater.  Temp around 38ish, about 20 knots of
wind, and we are getting our 1st snow of the year.  This is pretty early for
us.  In fact, last Jan we had our 1st real snow in 6 years.  We got about 4
to 6" then.

Anyway, so I decided to go out and brave the elements and run by the hardware
store.  Tried the 6 x 1.00 and it fit like a glove.  Don't know why the tape
wouldn't go in easily.  But of coarse they didn't have the correct screws
that I needed, but I got 3 to hold the latch machanism in while I continue
playing with the door latching mechanism.  However, the 3 bolts that I bought
were about 1/4" too short.  So off I go back to the hardware store and see if
I can find anything about 30mm long.

Well, I guess I answered most of my own questions.

As for part (2) the screws that hold that latch mechanism they ARE
6 x 1.00 x 30mm metric with a phillips head.

Most of the small screws are 10 x 3/8" phillips head round head sheetmetal
screws I had that in the bolt listing and I tried them.  That took care of
most of the holes.