Re: Starter cable

To: "Bricklin@autox.team.net" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter cable
From: Mitch Huffington <mhuffing@trianglenet.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 17:37:40 -0600
Have you ever thought about making your own?  On all of our cars we usually
make our own cables out of #2 welding cable.  It is a high current cable that
gets those cranking amps to the starter.  You can make them out of components
found at your local TSC, Farm & Fleet, Big R or what ever store you have that
is similar.  The job requires minimal tools (propane torch, vise and a little
time).  If you want I can write up an article for you with pictures (you can
use it in the Brickline if it seems suitable).  You can also make a great set
of jumper cables the same way, no more cheap ones that barely start a lawn
mower here.

Mitch Huffington    #2376