(no subject)

To: Bricklin Auto Team <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: (no subject)
From: steve brodsky <impact.auto@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:47:25 -0500
OK, Let me try this again:

During the course of the e-bay auction, bidders and retraction history
is listed, however E-bay does not list the amount bid for each bidder
but rather only shows the highest bid. If a reserve is placed by the
seller, the auction is flagged so that all bidders know that there is a
reserve and whether the reserve has been met.

On the last day of the auction there had been 12 bids placed by 8
different bidders. The e-mail address/id of all the bidders were listed
- for all to see. No bid amounts were listed, just their e-mail address.
It just so happened that cathy10 was the 5th bidder who bid an amount
that was equal to the reserve of $7500 although even I did not know what
the amount was that she bid until the auction was over. There were also
several others who had bid it up to, I believe, around $8900.

On the last day of the auction, all of the bidders who had bid the car
over the reserve (who was cathy10) retracted their bids with the
explanation that they did not feel the pictures of the car correctly
showed any deficiencies. I did write to the bidders who retracted to
clear up any misconceptions, however they never answered back. As I
said, e-bay says there are people who just like to play but not pay. I
suppose you could call it "Auction interruptus".

So now we have a listing available to all to see that 2 bidders have
retracted and their reasons for the retraction with cathy10 as the high
bidder. "Parkdale", a non-bidder, then privately sends an e-mail to
cathy10 and "warns" her that she should be aware that the bidders who
outbid her had withdrawn and that she should look at the retraction
history. This "warning" then caused cathy10 to also withdraw from the
bidding leaving the remaining bidders far below the reserve.

So in a nutshell, cathy10 would be the proud owner of 1509 except for
parkdale's interference that caused her to get cold feet. I know this
for a fact because it was cathy10 who sent me a copy of his e-mail and
she explained that his "warning" did cause her concern.

hope i made it clear - and Parkdale -- i now you're out their lurking,
you are a miserable, malicious jerk.

steve brodsky