Re: Purchasing Advice

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Purchasing Advice
From: "Mike and Candy Joehrendt" <Joehrend@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:31:46 -0500
Jim,
I am the original purchaser of VIN 2039, white 75.  I drove the car daily
for 15+ years.  It has been garaged now for several years because it failed
pollution inspection.  I probably could have passed inspection with a
carburetor rebuild but since the car has 125,000 miles, I decided to also do
rings and valves.  In short, I never got to it.  The Bricklin is as reliable
as anything else, which is Very good for an exotic, low production vehicle.
For $4-5,000, you are probably looking at a car that has been a driver, good
condition, but could use restoration.  I think the car is cheap for what it
is, but it may never reach collector values - some cars don't.  Buy the car
because you like it.  Where else are you going to get head-turning gullwing
doors for $5,000?  Believe me, the car IS an attention getter.
Mike