Newest Brickline, what did Scott mean?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Newest Brickline, what did Scott mean?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 13:56:17 PST
I received the newest issue and in the President's Message, Scott
Hanisch says:

"It has become obvious that some long time Bricklin owners are unhappy
with the 'new, younger generation' that are attempting to keep this club
going.  These people or person show up at events (why I don't know), and
don't dine with other members, or participate in most of the club event
functions, yet feel comfortable doing nothing but complain!  I would
gladly step down from position of President in a minute, and let one of
the complainers fill my position."

I have heard but really didn't keep rapt attention to grumblings among
different factions, BI versus other Bricklin groups, including who is
using money for what, etc.  Can anyone inform me what the scoop is.  I
am one for putting things like this on the table, rather than using
thinly veiled, somewhat cryptic messages, decipherable only by the
chosen few.

Plus, is such a message proper for the magazine (I guess you could say,
"or for the mail list")?  Scott apparently knows who the person or
people are.  Would it not be more appropriate to approach those people
rather than sending them a coded message in the magazine? It appears
that there are some hurt feelings boiling to the top and that might
affect the organization as a whole. On the other hand, I am a new owner,
not a traditional "joiner" and not that involved in the organization, so
it may well be none of my business.

By the way, my comments are not meant to be a criticism of anyone or
anything, I really don't know the dynamics behind Scott's statement and
found it peculiar. Can anyone help me understand? Thanks, Kim.