Re: Bricklin in the movies ...

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin in the movies ...
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 10:00:28 -0400 (EDT)
Cannonball does in fact have a Bricklin, I think it is in two scenes, at the
beginning one drives by the camera in the parking lot start area and again at
the end.
As far as the "Fall Guy" episode is concerned, I never saw it.  However,
there was a scene exactly as you described in a movie called "Deadline Auto
Theft"  or "Dateline Auto Theft" which I rented at Blockbuster.  It was a red
(painted) car with a wide black stripe on the hood.  The car is stolen from a
dock area and then during a chase a guy climbs out and into a helicopter
while the car is driving down a culvert. It is possible the same footage was
used for both the movie and the TV episode.  The car is in a later scene in a
junkyard with grass hanging out of the front.  Someone else told me that
there is yet another movie with the same scene in it as well, but I have not
seen it.
-George Curley (220,489,670)