Fuel problems

To: "Fedeli, Joe" <paa5072@exmail.dpsc.dla.mil>, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel problems
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 17:07:02 -0400
At 08:48 AM 8/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>John,
>
>       Just got back from travel for work...found over 170 e-mail messages
>waiting!  Yes, please include me on the roster.  Please let me know if
>you need any additional info.

You are already on the list.

> Also, I took my car to a large car show two weeks ago Friday, and
>apparently, I need a  "fuel sending unit" for the car according to my
>mechanic.  Last year, I had the fuel tank drained, fuel line flushed,
>and carb rebuilt due to old gas turning to varnish.  New gas and
>stabilizer was added and the car ran good until about July of '97.
>Apparently, my mechanic feels the old gas may have formed on the unit as
>now my gauge float also only reads "E", and is maybe clogging the tank.
>Do you know what the part replacement for this unit is for a "74 4-speed
>Bricklin?  Any guidance is appreciated.

Joe,

According to my info, the Gas Tank is AMC Part #4488034 from a 1974
Gremlin.  I purchased a sending unit back in 93 from American Parts Depot.
The Part # is 812-5394 fuel sender @ $45.  I believe that this is an
AMC part #.

>The car runs great until going up a hill ONLY or STOMPED on the gas.

There is a screen filter around the pick up.  This screen may have gotten
clogged or your fuel filter in the Carb (I think also on a 74) might be
clogged.  So when you really want to pull a lot of gas, you can't.

> The car was one of 600 on display and what a crowd it drew!!!!  The 10
> corvettes parked next to me did NOT like the attention the Bricklin
> received!

I'll bet!!!!

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire