Re: Help!

To: Memidland@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help!
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:35:38 -0800
On Dec 20, 2005, at 22:55, Memidland@aol.com wrote:

> Serious Subject, help me under stand why Street Mod has a lower pax
> than ASP.
> ASP has much more restrictions.Should I move to Street mod to pax
> higher. I
> may not be faster but wouldnt I be closer to the fast guys.
>  Cheers Rob

I don't think your Porsche is legit as a base car for SM - they're
supposed to be non-sports derived.  That's part of the answer --
though the preparation allowances are greater, the base models aren't
as competitive.  SM2 has classifications for more sports-car-based
models, though I don't know specifically if your car is included.
The SM2 index is indeed higher than ASP, though IMHO not as much as
it should be.

The flip side is true for STU - my car, an Evo 8, is indexed lower
for STU than it would be running in AS.  In this case, though the
majority of preparation allowances are greater for STU, the R tire
allowance for Stock is considered to dominate.  (Also, my car isn't
probably considered the best AS car.)

Both of these are probably affected by relative development of the
classes - RTP/PAX is representative of actual results from the prior
season(s?), and will have a tendency to lag development trends.

KeS