RE: taking care of GGF...

To: "'John Kelly '" <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: taking care of GGF...
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:17:55 -0700
> As I recall, the job you specify costs approx. $500. That's what we used
>to pay before out chair folks became timid and stopped picking up the
>phone to request the service.

Note this is not the responsibility of the event chairs.   In the (recent)
past, it has been arranged by the site chair.

That said, I generally agree with Navid and Tam's observations.   The lot,
like it or not (personally, despite the noted lack of traction AND increased
tire wear in my "rally car", I manage to do OK there by driving real
conservative), IS deteriorating pretty badly and is not the site it was
(surface-wise) even a few years ago.

However, at the first Slush Event we will arrange a sweep of the lot
(spending $500 of the region's money to do so).   We will then look at the
course at mid-day and after the event to see if it was $500 well spent or
$500 wasted...

Ed