Re: AutoX Numbers

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AutoX Numbers
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:20:52 -0800
At 07:23 AM 1/29/2004, Donald R McKenna wrote:

>As you've seen, at some events, everyone isn't aware of this protocol and
>duplicate numbers in a class (and that's why we, also, want to see class
>designation on the car) can lead to mis-assignment of times during a run
>group.

Just FYI, if the card sorter sees that two drivers in the same class have
the same numbers, it's his job to get the drivers to sort out the
problem.  That's one reason why the card sorter has to report to his job
and start collecting cards early, while the previous run group is still
running.  And why drivers have to get their cars on grid early, instead of
waiting until the last minute.

Jim