Re: AutoX Numbers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX Numbers
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:16:27 -0500
In a message dated 1/29/2004 10:23:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net writes:

> In the past,In order to have "first choice" use of a given
> number in each class, you could sign up in the "permanent
> number" book at registration. I'm guessing that the book is > still active
>and will be there Sunday.

Don is correct, it is active and is at registration.  It's gray with a blue
binding.

> And since,
> technically, a permanent number assignment is only good for > a season at a
>time, you should be able to get your choice
> early. BTW, I think a specific previous year number
> assignment takes priority for the new year if the
> assigned participant continues to want it. If you have your > number reserved
>in this fashion and there's a later issue
> causing confusion of same numbers in a class, if change is
> required, the other person will have to change.
> Saves having to buy new number(s).

This is unwritten, I believe, but has been the protocol in SFR for as long as I
can remember.

> As you've seen, at some events, everyone isn't aware of this > protocol and
>duplicate numbers in a class (and that's why
> we, also, want to see class designation on the car) can lead > to
>mis-assignment of times during a run group.

Also, more than one clss runs per group, so it's possible to have the same
number in several different classes running at the same time. The class
designation is needed to differentiate between them.

Charlie