Re: Miatas at Indy...was Oakland on the 29th

To: "Paul S \(#51 STS\)" <ibisbike@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Miatas at Indy...was Oakland on the 29th
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:17:06 -0700
i grew up in a town that had one of the last brick streets in the country
(state street in ithaca, ny).  there were other brick roads, including
buffalo street, which was the site of the soap box derby race in the 'lil
rascals' tv program.  there is a lot of small bumps, but it wasnt like
washboard gravel road or anything.  the bricks get worn down and kind of
smooth, so im not sure what would happen to the tires- did they have to
change tires often in 1920?  still, a new set of modern tires should last
500 miles even on bricks.

james