Re:participation per class (discussion fodder)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:participation per class (discussion fodder)
From: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:12:28 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not a mathematician, nor do I play one on tv. But
I do work as a technical writer for a software company
which means I have a basic high school education.

The Entrants column at:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2003/

lists the number for each round. You can add up the
totals for all events, and then divide by the number
of events. I just did it, and it gave me 236.

It has been suggested that the Entrants column does
not accurately reflect the number of entrants at each
event. Perhaps there is an error in the script. To
verify, we could go through each class and add up the
entrants, and then round up, or we can just count how
many entrants were at the event. Again, I'm not a
mathematician. For this study, I chose the event with
the smallest number of entrants, due to my short
attention span. That would be Round 9 at Stockton,
with a supposed entry count of 126.

One moment please as our system checks the
calculations.

Weird. I counted 135.

Let's leave the stats to Rich.

-Katie Kelly