participation per class (discussion fodder)

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: participation per class (discussion fodder)
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:37:12 -0700
Just so it's all in one place:
2003 SFR Solo2 average participation, from Web page of standings results:

Cl     # as of Round 12
___|_____________
SS    6
AS    4
BS    11
CS    8
DS    6
ES    5
FS    3
GS    6
HS    5
ASP    7
BSP    4
BSPV    1
CSP    9
DSP    8
ESP    8
FSP    7
OSP    13  <they're tied for 2nd!
AP    1
BP    1
CP    4
DP    1
EP    2
FP    2
AM    1
BM    1
CM    1
DM    5
EM    2
FM    0
Kart classes    1  * see below
STX    9
STS    13    tie for 2nd largest
SM    13        ""
SM2    8
Street Tire    14   <largest!

*karts are "averaging" 1 according to the site.  Apparently it rounds way up
as these have less than 0.5 on average per class.

I found it interesting to look up as I don't see most of these classes run.
The ST classes have been their own run group for the year,  we work the same
group of D,G, and H, and I don't always hang around to see others race.

It looks like these summed together average like 190.  This significantly
underestimates the average based on the event totals reported every month,
which is 237.  Dunno why, some fine point of the scripts and how they
calculate the average I'd guess, just a difference of maybe 1.5 per class in
the negative direction.  The karting numbers aren't enough to skew it that
much....

PaulT      overanalzyer deluxe