Nationals protests

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Subject: Nationals protests
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:46:47 -0500
RE: Nationals Protests
        Yours truly had the honor of having the first engine teardown at
the Solo II Nationals.
        The bulk of the people (about 3 or 4) signing on to the protest,
indeed, felt we were cheating after winning way back in 1980.

        The key guy, the person who put up the money, however, had a lot
more on his mind and he was merely firing the first shot at his long-term
project to get us removed from the class. Never mind that we learned he had
a slightly illegal engine (truck block @ 2 liters when 1800cc was max.) at
the time of his protest! Mary Rice directed this fellow to a proper engine
builder who built this guy a legal engine which was stronger than his
illegal engine.
        My point here is not everybody is merely trying to see things
right. I agree with Josh except for the above exception.

--John Kelly