Re: Nationals protests

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nationals protests
From: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:43:49 -0800 (PST)
--- Josh Sirota <josh@sirota.org> wrote:
> I'm sure I'm about to get barraged with examples of
> "weenie" protests, but ...
> I think that 90+% of the protests are not weenie,
> and there is far more FUD
> about weenie protests than actual instances of them.

At nationals last year, a friend of mine was telling
me that he was going to protest a competitor because
he didn't have the proper badge on his car. I said,
Don't be a dork, you can see what kind of car it is.
Yes, he said, but without the proper markings, how can
we really be sure? You make me want to barf, I said.
Okay, maybe I'll just go talk to him about it, he
said.

If autocross were totally perfect, we would also
probably have world peace, too. And the other thing
is, it's not like we have event officials who are
policing the legality of everyone's car. Autocrossers
demonstrate a lot of trust. All these "weenie"
protests keep the playing field level. They're also
not "weenie" to the protestor.

=====
Katie Kelly

NO WARTS ON MY YAK